Dalraida Baptist Church, began as a Sunday School class in the home of Mrs. A. D. Chambless, Sr. The Sunday class was organized on February 2, 1941 with seventeen people present. The meeting place was soon moved to the home of Mr. And Mrs. H. H. Weathers, Sr., located on Dalraida Road. The church was organized on May 18, 1941, with thirty charter members.
Mrs. A. D. Chambless started a building fund by making the first contribution. Mr. And Mrs. E. P. Lane donated the property on which the church was built. On February 4, 1942, the first Meeting was held in the first sanctuary. This building now serves as the Conference Center.
In August 1944, the second building program was begun – the erection of the first story of the first educational building. In November 1948, work began on the second story of this educational building – Junior Building.
In December 1952, a new sanctuary was begun. And again in April 1955, the Beginner Educational Building was begun and completed in March 1956.
In August 1960, work began on a new education building to house the church offices, nursery, and beginner class rooms. In October 1965, the Adult Building was completed.
In addition to the building programs of the church, Dalraida Baptist Church has been instrumental in beginning a new church. Eastdale Baptist Church, Montgomery, Alabama began as a mission of Dalraida Baptist Church in 1968.
On July 11, 1979, the Dalraida Baptist Church congregation approved a recommendation from the Building Committee to proceed with plans to construct the current Sanctuary. A groundbreaking exercise was held on August 24, 1980, for the new Sanctuary. The raising of the steeple took place on April 22, 1981.
The combined efforts of ministers and church members have resulted in the construction of buildings and a warm Christian church family. The vision God shared with our forefathers in 1941 remains to this day.