College is one of the most transformative seasons of life. Students leave their safe youth group and venture into uncharted and unknown territory where they experience and are confronted with different beliefs, worldviews, cultures, and people. College students “explore” this new found land of experiences in the hopes that they’ll “find themselves”, “discover who they really are”, or “find their purpose in life.” In a nation where sin is not only tolerated but is promoted, young Christians need now more than ever to be grounded in their faith. They need to be equipped with the gospel. They need to be prepared to share their faith with students who hate the exclusivity of the Christian message, the gospel. Dalraida College hopes to help prepare young students for this new transition. Dalraida College exists to glorify God by growing mature disciples of Jesus Christ and equipping them to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ, to “make disciples of all nations” (Matt. 28:18-20).
Dalraida College ministers to college students or college aged individuals. College Pastor, Joseph Falcione, leads this ministry. By graduation, every college student will be challenged with the gospel, equipped to share it with others, and challenged to take the gospel to the nations through summer missions. Dalraida College students will be prepared to live missionally wherever the Lord calls them to go.
The gospel of Jesus we share with our students and equip them to share is this:
- GOD IS HOLY.
- This means God is perfect, sinless, superior, and different than anything else in all creation (1 Sam. 2:2; Isa. 6:3). God cannot dwell with sin because He is holy. God’s holiness is displayed through His holy law (Rom. 7:12).
- HUMANITY IS SINFUL.
- All people have broken God’s law because we are all sinners. We are all born with a sinful nature. We are all enemies against God (Rom. 5:10). We are all spiritually dead (Eph. 2:1). We cannot produce any good deeds to please God or earn our salvation (Isa. 64:6). There is no hope in ourselves.
- JESUS CHRIST LIVED, DIED, ROSE AGAIN, AND ASCENDED.
- We cannot save ourselves, but God’s mercy is great. God the Father sent God the Son to save sinners (Jn. 3:16; 2 Cor. 5:17). God’s Son is Jesus Christ. He obeyed the law perfectly. He lived the perfect life we couldn’t live. He became a sacrifice and died on a cross (Rom. 5:8; Phil. 2:8). He did not remain in the grave but rose again in victory over sin and death (1 Cor. 15:3-8; 1 Thess. 4:14). Then, He ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father (Mk. 16:19; 1 Pet. 3:22).
- REPENTANCE AND FAITH.
- How do we respond to this good news? Sinners must repent and have faith (Mark 1:15). Repentance is a change of mind where we turn away from our sin, turn to Jesus Christ, and pursue obedience and holiness (Acts 3:19; 2 Chron. 7:14). Faith is a belief or trust in Jesus as the Son of God, the Messiah, and the Lord (Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 2:16). Repentance and faith in Jesus is required for the forgiveness of sins. Jesus will one day return to judge the world. All who are of the world and the devil will spend eternity apart from God’s grace in hell. All who are in Christ will spend eternity with Jesus in heaven.
SUNDAY MORNING AND EVENING WORSHIP
Along with our regular student meetings, we highly encourage all of our students and their families to come to our regular Sunday morning and evening worship services. Dalraida Baptist Church believes the meeting of Christians as a congregation is a mandate of Scripture as seen in Heb. 10:25. The preaching of God’s Word and the fellowship of Christian brothers and sisters is essential for a God-centered life. Our morning service begins at 10:30 AM, and our evening service begins at 6:00 PM.
- Winter Retreat
- Mission Trips
- Evangelism/Survey Days
- Christmas Party